Thursday, September 14, 2006

Work and Worries
Updates of myself since the last week i met you guys.

My buddy mentor at work left and I am taking over her portfolio. I must say that it has been very tough. I have a tendency to assume things and think i would know the answer. Sometimes i would be a bit paiseh to ask.. and in the end i got it all wrong.

Working life is so very different from school and i am trying very hard to understand the works of it. School is informal and casual but in working life, i have to learn to adapt to the protocols and different levels of hierachy. Directors and managers are very status conscious people. I am just not used to calling DD/HR(Deputy Director), Mgr HRM and all the position names. But i have to adapt to it. No excuse.

Many a times i feel very down when i made a mistake and my boss have to cover up for me. There are so many things passed on to me and i have so many things i do not know how to do. There are tons of very short and quick deadlines to adhere to. It is definitely worse than the deadlines set by our lecturers. I am sometimes scared, so much so, i could not sleep and worry about work at times. I over-time at least 6 hours a week. But then again..more money.. haha..

Haiz..

I have learnt that it is very important to prioritise work. I have also learnt that it is very important to have a personal meeting with my supervisor every morning to discuss about the tasks given to me. My mgr is very willing to teach and help me prioritise my work. And now i have to get into the habit to ask for my managers' direction and instruction for every single task.
Really not easy.

This period is just a very difficult transitional period.

I need some consolation. May i have a pack of tissue paper please...

Ms Koh.. I need reassurance and hugs.. HELP!!


aquaeccentric blogged at 12:00 AM